Quote for bayleton from CL?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by daveyo, Jul 8, 2006.

1. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I have a customer who says their "local" CL quoted them a price of $15/1000 total of 5000sq' for a granular application of Bayleton. I was going to do an application and before I gave him the quote he spits out this price. I was wondering if CL did granular apps of Bayleton, I didn't think they did, does anyone know? And if so are they charging $15/1000 because I'm not, are you!!.

O'Donnell Landscape Design

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I'm doing an app. Monday: $120.00 for 5000 sq. ft. This is granular Bayleton. Half is at curative rate, half is at preventative rate (back yard). I expect to use about about 12 lbs.

3. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

So lawnspecialties, you are going to put down something like 3.5lbs/2500 and 1.5/2500 as a preventative. So CL at a curative rate is charging $15/1000 thats ridiculous, you are doing a half preventive and half curative and are still $45.00 more, and really that is good. A 40lb bag of Bayleton costs me $94.00 thats 13.3 -1000sq' applications, or about 13,000sq' at a curative rate (for the common fungus I treat). Thats about $7.23 per/1000 my cost. I have to charge more than double my cost, if I don't it's a waste of time. I'm really curious what others are charging.

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I bought the 40 lb. bag as well. $95.00 (including tax) exactly at Lesco. With June's rains, Brown Patch has been unreal around here the past couple weeks. Monday's customer is a neighbor of one of my "high end" customers. I figured a rough estimate in my head and just tried to triple it for the charge. They're happy, and I'm pretty sure they'll be getting me to do the reseeding in September.payup