Quote of the week!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Let it Grow, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I just did a cleanup for this old lady who can't drive, and can barely see or hear. As I was writing some information down she muttered something about her age, and then said "It's hell being old". Then an old man who I did a lawn estimate was talking with me and I mentioned that I graduated college last year (the same college he retired from) and he then asked if I was married. I said "no" then he said "well how did you escape"!!!
    Just though those were funny. Anyone else have good quotes from people on the job?
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I helped this old lady with something this week, and she said "Im sorry for being so stupid" I started to reply "no problem" but stopped myself. What do you say to that? It did make for some laughs the rest of the day.
  3. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

Ha, that reminds me of this lady that said something like. "I'm too old to do all this stuff" without even thinking I was like "yeah" like I was agreeing with her (she really was, but I would NEVER tell her that!). I think she was hard of hearing because she didn't say anything.
  4. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

"good work isn't cheap, and cheap work isn't good" old man told me once. He had a very successful welding biz.
  5. ManleyLawn

ManleyLawn LawnSite Member

an older customer i have had for a few years called and asked if i could stop by. very elderly... she asked if the roots on this tree were going to come out of the ground and i replied "that will take years you have nothing to worry about".... i didn't catch myself than but she did... she said "well we'll be long gone by then"
  6. Lawn277

Lawn277 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

one of my dads favorites "cant see it from my house"