Quote on Exmark 60" Turf Tracer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by aclassic, Sep 15, 2009.

1. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

I just got a quote on a 60" Exmark Turf Tracer here in NE Indiana for $6799 and a trac-vac 470 for $1699 all assembled and ready to go. I know this is steep for a w/b but is this a good price for this mower and trac-vac? I'm thinking about seeing if they will throw in a Power chute to sweeten the deal but I don't know if they'll go for it. Do you all think that buying now I'll get a better deal then if I were to wait till spring to buy?
    Any of your comments or thoughts are welcomed.

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

That is an outstanding price for a new, full size tracer. What size engine does it have? New, 60", 23hp tracers go for close to $8000 here. If this is legit I would jump on it.

ericg likes this.
  3. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

60 inch tracers are close to 8000 here to. I love mine just wish the rear stance was wider and the height adjustment was better. The deck is heavy!!! and bends the pins for the height adjustment.

4. sjessen

Male, from Knoxville, Tn

i moved the rear wheels out on mine and added larger tires. it really made a difference on hills, etc. I hear you about the heavy deck. Not only does it bend the pins, if you check them they begin to wear after a while.

ericg likes this.
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

How do you do that correctly?

6. sjessen

Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Exmark used to sell a model called the turf ranger. They made 1" spacers that bolted to the existing wheel motors. I purchased 2 of these per side and bolted them on moving the wheels out 2". One drawback, it does put added strain on the wheel motors and I had to cut off the rear anti scalp wheels. the dealer recommended adding only 1 spacer per side. The other thing I did was switch to 9 1/2" wide tires.

ericg likes this.
  7. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, fellow Fort Wayner. Mutton? They have some smoking deals right now. I would jump all over it...