Quote on F550

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Total Landscape Solutions, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

After meeting with the dealer twice about what I wanted I received the call today with the price.

Truck:
    '07 F550, 4x4, XLT, Diesel, 189"wb, Tow Command, Max Traction tires, Snow Plow Prep Package
    Up-Fit:
    I-Pack tool boxes, 12' dump stake bed, 48" custom bulkhead, 2" receiver, 7 way harness

Total Price $49,800

I did a fair amount of shopping around and I don't think the price is bad, it's not the deal of the month either. I really like the dealer and I am confident about service after the sale, so all in all I thought it was a fair price.

Any comments or suggestions?

2. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

thats decent for that equipment

3. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

oh one more than, look into a PTO hoist, we have an electric over hyd. on our 550 dump and it is terrible, slow and weak. We're looking into a PTO or central hyd.

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

for a work dump truck i think the XL model is sufficient unless itll be a personal truck for you

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I assume that has the powerstroker in it?

Not a bad price.......

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Thats frigging cheap I can't even get a cab and chassis F-550 anyless than 50,000 dollars CND. Looked at a 06 F-550 11' dump diesel the price was 65,000 dollars.

A fully loaded King Ranch dually 4x4 diesel P/U truck pushes the 68,000 dollar mark.

I'am considering a new truck as I can't find any good used trucks but I don't know if I want to spend 50 grand for a cab and chassis. A 4x4 truck is around 55,000 for a regular cab cab and chassis with a 165wb.

So when you American members complain that your trucks cost too much it costs us even more here in Canada. I converted the 49,800 to CND funds and its the same price as what we would pay for a cab and chassis.

For the extra reliable 6.0 costs us 7000 dollars :rolleyes:

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Cost is high! I see new F550s in the 38-42 range.

Do yourself a favor and go buy yourself a used international 4700 and save your self 20k and get more truck.

Matt

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A medium duty is a good option just depends on what TLS wants to use the truck for.

For my uses I use the truck for a daily driver and work truck a person can't use a medium duty for a daily driver. If I was going to go to a larger truck it would be a tandem axle there is no money in single axle hauling.

One thing you can safely say is a F-450 or F-550 truck will never pay for itself.

9. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

Very good price, just bought same set up with just a flatbed for 51,000 -- love the truck

10. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

Seams steep, for that kind of money get a the 07 Gm, horsepower, 6-speed auto trans., alot more durable truck, the earlier models voided warranty if you haul, dirt,rock, mulch, or coal. I can give you a list dealers or corporate and they will verify this. I don't want to be told I can only go to certain dealers, I tried to get mine to new orleans last year, It got there on a tow truck for $600 of my money because no elite dealer close by. If they offered me another one for $50 and sell your duramax and rely on the FORD. The answer would have to be NO, can't afford this crap again.