Quote on new Bobcat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Mike33, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got a quote on a new machine i want to buy this spring. Open for opinons of price.
    Bobcat 220 / enclosed cab, air , susp. seat
    80" low profile bucket
    Steel tracks
    wheel spacers for tracks
    90" 6 way blade
    Total price includes 5% Md. sales tax
    $41,850.00

Mike

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Do you plan on running this machine with tracks all the time? I am sure that the 80" bucket is to cover you width with tracks. That is a lot of bucket for a machine with a 2200 ROC. I demoed a 220 and it will have a difficult time handling that much bucket. With tracks that may help weight the machine down and provide more tractive effort. However without tracks that machine will struggle loading trucks and digging effectively with that much cutting edge. Of course it all depends on application, but I assume that if you equipping it with tracks you plan on excavating with it. I would also suggest that a 90" blade is a lot of blade for a machine that size but I guess it depends on your application as well. If you have not demoed a machine set up like your considering, I would. I think you maybe over taxing this machine.

I would also consider getting a smaller bucket for the nontrack applications and getting a hyd. coupler. It sucks pulling levers to change attachments with a cab.

The price seems very reasonable. I was quoted 35K for an 06 220 with the silver package.

3. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Mike can you seperate the cost into what each thing will cost.

I started out with 10 ft blade on my machine,but down sized it to 8 ft when i traded it in ,because the blade wasn't heavy duty enough for what i was using it for.I was glad i went from the bigger blade down.Easier on machine and still get what i wanted to do done as fast.Just got to make a few more pushs before the day is over.

4. Mike33

Yes the bucket width to cover track width. We build a lot of srw and if on blacktop we will remove the tracks. We do a lot of grading top soil work, etc. I though the blade was a little wide too, but my salesman said with it angled i need that size. I never used the blade yet but decided to get one. As farbcat attms. they way as the hyd. coupler i looked at one and thought it was another hose that could fail. I felt that hoses on bobcat attms. was a weakness on there part.
    Mike

5. bobcatboy

bobcatboy LawnSite Member

I have the same setup and have no problems with 80" bucket at all. The s220 is a monster with alot of digging power. I can load a full bucket with anything in it all the way to the top with no problems. Last year I cleared some land for a guy, we dig up and pushed over countless trees with that machine. You should be fine with 80" bucket

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Bobcat boy you must be refering to this machine with tracks because at least in my ground conditions (rocky and hard clay primarily) the 220 would not handle an 80" bucket. I would say with tracks that might be different. Certainly with this kind of investment I would want to be sure. It is not issue of having enough power alone but rather enough weight and tractive effort to cut into hard ground with 80" of cutting edge. I am not saying the 220 does not have power it does but power is not enough by itself. I also have been baffled by Bobcat's hyd. coupler but even that odd set up is better than fighting the levers IMHO.

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Price sounds good to me. I'm going to go with the consensus here, get the power Bobtach. Our 277B had a hydraulic coupler and it's awesome. You still have to get out of the cab to connect aux. lines, but whatever. One thing that I find particularly nice about hyd. couplers is that if you're loading attachments onto a deckover trailer and you have a machine equipped with a cab, you can't get out of the cab to release the attachment with the arms halfway up. You could release the attachment on the ground and just grab it with the ears, but if you jump the machine at all it could bounce right off, it really isn't safe. This is worth the hydraulic coupler right there, we occasionally haul attachments on our deckover gooseneck. It's not a problem with a machine without a cab as you can climb out of the cab somewhat and release them manually.

I say go for this machine, if you have great service from your dealer I don't see any reason to not go with Bobcat. I like the 220 over every skid steer Bobcat produces. A high power machine without vertical lift, I really hate vertical lift unless you absolutely need it and it sounds like this machine is exactly what you need for your operation. BTW, when you getting that new excavator?

8. Mike33

Thanks, Loader is # 1 priority. I will purchase loader before march when my season starts to opem and gives me month or so to see if they have any new programs, Bobcat did do away with the steel surcharge. Excavater i will see how my finaces go hopefully not to much longer after i get the loader.
    Mike

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Just for comparison. April 06 i bought a cat 246b. Full cab, heat and ac, quick coupler, bucket, forks, nj .06 tax all for a hair over 38k.

Your price is proably dead on. The tracks are waht 2-3k?

Matt

10. Mike33

Heres my quote
    220 bobcat 32,050.00 Cab enclose, heat, air, susp. seat
    A31 option 3,329.00
    60" bucket 1,012.00
    track kit 2,973.00
    90" 6 way blade 4,444.00
    7 pin attm. control 167,50
    Total 43,975.85
    Dealer PDI 250.00
    Freight charges 1,242.56
    Doc fee 175.00
    Discount ( value customer ) ( 5,716.86 )
    Total 39,926.55
    Md. sales tax 1,921.70
    Total $41,848.25
    Mike