1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Quote on wolf paws, wow!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wcb607a, Dec 14, 2010.

1. wcb607a

wcb607a LawnSite Member

My local dealer quoted me 2,550 for the wolf paws for my A300 skid steer. The normal rim with wolf paws were 1,550 which I can handle, but another grand for a bigger hole in the rim. That's just crazy:cry:. For guys that have the A300, what are you using for snow tires/rims? I may try and get some retreaded tires with rims that kinda match a snow tire, what do you guys think? Or should I bite the bullet and get the wolf paws.

2. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

what's wrong with your current rims?

3. wcb607a

wcb607a LawnSite Member

i got my mud tires on them. I only have one set of rims.

4. lblmike

lblmike LawnSite Member

I'm using stock tires on mine and this is my 3rd season on this set.

5. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

If and when need I run chains for snow plowing, Just a thought:confused:

6. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

Why not swap tires on the rim? You could do that a lot of times for a grand.

7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That does seem crazy steep. I've always wanted to try out the Wolf Paws but thought they were too much. The Bobcat dealer here and guys over in the Twin Cities they are using bigger truck tires and were around $1,000. Don't know if they would work on your machine?

8. wcb607a

wcb607a LawnSite Member

do you guys think severe duty tires will be better than the regular tires I have now?