quote question?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mikey, Apr 1, 2002.

1. mikey

mikey LawnSite Member

hi
    i have a stupid question about a bid on a small sized hotel
    im a solo operator but im starting out this spring...i happened to be in this hotel recently.I asked the girl who was the manager..
    about who does your landscping?she said that they had,had a guy to do it for 20 yrs but he retired,so now they have a new co.
    to do it.But she said that if i wanted to make a bid that,now is the time to do it cuz they dont really know how to their gonna do
    cuz their new.Anyway she said that the 99 rest. next door has to be in the bid to cuz its next door and they own the real estate.
    Then she went on to say that if i was to do their landscaping that
    it would also include the owners home and his kids houses,but that would probably be seperate and not in the bid.But im a little guy and i was just asking out of couriosity.i walked around the property and i didnt take any measuremants but its really not to difficult there really is not to much grass to cut cuz there are all little islands etc.She told me that the lcs now come by once aweek im figuring about $100 a cut which might be low and maybe about 50 yds of mulch,plus spring/fall clean ups which i dont really know how to bid those.But my question is that i really dont have te capabilities to do a job like this but i dont think it would be to difficult to get, farm can deliver the mulch to the site and i have the mower and everything else.My question is that i need to get insurance b4 i think of making a bid and i really dont know how to write onw up or what to charge.This would be huge for me i could do it full time instead of being a shoemaker like i am now,plus he owns a lot of other real estate to......What should i do?i really hate to have an opportunity like this pass its seems
    like such a good opportunity....Do u charge them monthly for the lawn cuts.cuz if i went out and bought a new dump truck 4 cuts a month at $100 could pay for my monthly reuck payment alone.Any clue what ot charge per cut,maybe someone else does a small hotel to?

2. tlcservices

tlcservices LawnSite Member
    from fl

what does your business plan say?
    only 50 yards of mulch at $50.00 would be $2500.00
    what else?
    do you know?
    get some info and then give it all ya got

3. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

Guy... it sounds promising... but not for nothing... being that you are just starting out... i don't think i would jump right into a larger corporate account like you speak about.... there is a lot involved once you begin servicing larger accounts as you speak about.... start out slow, get a feel for the industry, then work your way up to larger accts. just my opinion though....