Quote Questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SDNCLAWNCARE, Jul 18, 2006.

1. SDNCLAWNCARE

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I just looked at my first Landscaping Job. Very Simple, nothing crazy. I have to trench the border, bring in one load of dirt, plant some bushes and flowers, clean up the other flower beds, and lay down new mulch. Looking like a 4-5 hr job. I was thinking 450-1000 depending on what bushes and flowers. How do you guys figure this stuff up?

Thanks

OH... The area is only 4' wide by 15' long

2. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Now I do not have a ton of exp with this, but I would think that 1st thing you would do, is find a local wholesale nursery and see what prices they are giving you. Now how much you mark them up, is up to you, If it was me, I probably would mark them up 50 - 60% which would include install also. Also Mulch, most people charge 40-50 per 3 cu. ft. installed (usally in a bag of mulch its 3 cu. Ft per bag), so if you had an area that's 4'x15', that would take about 5 (3cu.ft) 3 inch deep, @ say 45 per bag = $225.00 for the area to be filled in with mulch. Now I maybe way off here, but this would be something that I THINK, is correct, maybe one of the guys/gals here that have more exp in this, can corrrect me or agree with me if i am right/wrong.

GL

3. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

hey buddy you need a partner on those mulch jobs, just kidding mulch bags are 1-1.5 cubic yards. Yes it is about average 60$ a yard installed which I believe was aprox. 15 bags. I never really worked with bagged mulch on bigger jobs always bought a nursery by the yard (1 front-end loader full). Yes on your plants I just mark up 50% of my cost for delivery and installation. Then factor in labor cost(what YOU need to make per hour). Any rental equipment added and any dumping fees you would have to pay. Invoice away payup payup

4. SDNCLAWNCARE

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I feel alot better about it now. I was pretty close on those prices. Thanks for the info.

5. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

No problem man happy to help send us some pics of the job:weightlifter: :weightlifter: