1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quote Vehicle

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MDHomeSVCS, Mar 19, 2014.

1. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic

Ford Ranger, Chevy S-10, Toyota Tacoma. I havent seen a 4cyl dodge in a dogs age, do they still exist?

sure we have them over here, but Americans have an insane fixation on taking V8s to get groceries and having them "In case" we find Thors hammer in a meteorite, and want to try our luck on pulling it out with a bumper chain….

so basically…no body buys them
  2. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome! And, I fixed it for ya'. :laugh:
  3. TPendagast

I'm ready to go get ham and milk in a storm with hail the size of golf balls because…it MIGHT happen and then ILL be ready!
  4. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

No bread for the ham?
  5. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't. Pulling up in a Porsche to give an estimate would seem slightly out of place to me. Not just a Porsche either, any vehicle that is commonly perceived as a high end "luxury" car. I would opt for something "redneck luxury" like a nice pick up truck or even a nice car that gets good mileage like a VW Jetta TDI or something of that nature.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. TPendagast

I really like a Ranger/S-10/Canyon for this kind of thing.

Infact if you're just mowing, just use that ALL the time. :laugh:
  7. zabmasonry

zabmasonry LawnSite Senior Member
    from C. VT

Personally I want my sales car to portray that I'm serious and realistic. I want the car to be very late model and portray that I'm big time enough to have a dedicated sale vehicle, yet modest enough that the car isn't screaming money. I'd lease something reasonable, really whatever you can get for the lowest payment that you'd actually want to drive/be seen in. 24 mo lease at most. Full wrap or just signing doesn't matter, but you should definitely be unabashed about putting your name on the car. As for the car. I'd be looking for something like a prius, cruize, fuzion, jetta, you get the idea.
  8. 1stcut

1stcut LawnSite Member
    from chicago

Posted via Mobile Device
  9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Keep the Porsche at home, people get very weird when they hire contractors that drive nicer vehicles then they do. Trucks go to work, cars go to play.
  10. donamow

donamow LawnSite Senior Member

I would think you must do good for yourself to afford that car. The kind of car u drive dont matter
    Posted via Mobile Device