quoting

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Bulls_mowing, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Bulls_mowing

Bulls_mowing LawnSite Member

hey guys just wondering alot of people who own a lawn mowing business quote a lawn by how long it would take you to do it how do you know how long it will take if you havent acturally mowed is there any easier way of quoting a lawn with out ripping your self of or the customer thanks guys

2. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

bull, do you have any idea what people are charging in newcastle and have you done any reasearch at all

3. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

Only you know how long it will take to mow a given size yard. A good way to get a general idea is to mark out a known area and time yourself and then use that as a base to figure when looking over other properties. You know your cost of equipment and running expenses along with whatever taxes will be due at the end of a given period of time. It is good to know what the competition charges to get a ballpark to play in. Don't use what they make to set your price, they may have a lower or higher cost than you. Just keep their prices in mind when you figure wether you want to compete in the field.

You should practice estimating size/hectares of lawns in order to get started.

4. Bulls_mowing

Bulls_mowing LawnSite Member

yes garth i have a rough idea of what my compitition charges but it still doesnt mean i know how to quote properly

5. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

do you mean in terms of how to qoute [bid] or how to approach people with the quote [bid]