Quoting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrgreen, Sep 19, 2001.

1. mrgreen

mrgreen LawnSite Member
    from LA

I have a simple question and that is how do you go about bidding commercial jobs

2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

To bid commercial jobs we do the following:
    Go to the top of the screen and click "SEARCH".

If I didnt say it, someone else would have, dont take it personally

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

The information that you are looking for can be found by using the search features this is true.

Here are some helpful hints to help you along your quandry:

Measure the total turf areas to be maintained to calculate your mowing, trimming, and sweeping/blowing times.

Estimate the amount of time you think will be spent picking up debris while mowing to calculate your trash removal times.

Measure the total linear footage of ornamental beds to claculate your edging times.

As far as shearing is concerned not knowing your skill level you can guesstimate your estimated times by figureing 5 minutes per small (under 2') shrubs, 10-15 minutes for medium (3'-5') shrubs, and up 45 minutes for large (6' above)shrubs and hedges. These times include the clean-up as well.

I dont know the rates for snow/ice control in your areas but you will want to factor in your estimate for plowing, site clearing (hauling the piles away) - sanding/salting vehicular and pedestrian pavements, hand labor for snow blowers, shoveling, dispersing ice melts etc. - figure whether your pricing structure will be contingent upon per push, per fall, and/or both.

Good Luck!
    Kris