quting business due to health...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fromTEXAS!, Jun 23, 2005.

1. fromTEXAS!

fromTEXAS! LawnSite Member

well at the end of June im quting my lawn service business after 2.5yrs+ so sad i have to due to being highly alergic to grass and other health issues. the imsurance will be too high to buy the shots will cost me 500 without insurance!!! will go broke if i do need to sell equipment after i deal with last costomer and close all business stuff. :cry: :cry:

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Real sorry to here about your health problems.

What equipment will you have for sale and prices? There is forum on here to sell items. It would help if you could post pictures and give hours used, year bought,etc.

3. fromTEXAS!

i dont think i will ship my equipment i will sell local as there are hundreds of lawnservice "scrubs" all over Houston :)

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

lol

Well good luck to you, 2.5 years is a nice run, you gave it a really hard shot and I respect you for that.

One other thing: You can always get into a different kind of business, now that you know the basics.

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Why not hire mexicans? That is kind of what DFWLandscaper did......

6. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Just wondering how many accounts you had and if you would try to sell them...might as well go out of the biz and get as much as possible
    EHO

7. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear that your shutting down your shop, Where in Houston are you located?

8. fromTEXAS!

i really dont have a shop its a storage unit i live in the bear creek area

9. fromTEXAS!

you have to have insurance on them and tax on them and its too damn expinseve i only have 30-40 cust. now down to 8

10. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Fromtx, If you decide to get rid of some or all of your gear, PM me, As I'm just a few miles from ya, and May be interested in some stuff.