Qwikchute on compact Gravely

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by a clear difference lawn, Jul 1, 2010.

1. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I got real tired of filling up flower beds and covering cars with discharged grass. So after doing OCDC research I decided on the Qwikchute. After a full day of mowing with it (14 lawns), I could not be happier. The product woks great and the people are very friendly and easy to deal with. It closes solid and in the open position it does not stick out past the deck - this was very important to me as I have some tight lawns. Just thought I would throw a couple of pics up even though they have some on their website. Hope everyone is staying safe and profitable!

P1010026.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010028.jpg

P1010029.jpg

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good.

3. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. I like what you said about it not sticking out past the deck. That would definitely come in handy here with the small gates.

On another note, did you dump your Grandstand?

4. a clear difference lawn

Traded in the grandstand for the gravely. The toro just kept having issues which caused too much downtime. No problems at all thus far with the gravely.

5. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of issues were you having with it? I've started to look into the stand on mowers more but want to know of any problems beforehand.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

Where did you get the chute from? I was gonna get one of the factory ones but I think I might like that one better. Do they have a site because I can't seem to find it?

7. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

Nevermind I found the site, just noticed the spelling is a little different.

8. a clear difference lawn

I don't want to turn this thread into a toro bashing - but the grandstand I had was a total piece!! In the 50 days I owned it, it was in the shop over 20 days. It had two hydro leaks - one from a hose and one from a pump. The hydro filter adaptor was cracked. It shredded a deck belt fter 7 hours. I just could not afford to keep losing time bringing it back to the dealer. I am not saying all grandstands suck - I am just saying that my experience with one was horrible. I also found that in walkbehind mode it had almost zero traction and could not hold a slope which was half the reason I bought it. I feel lucky that my dealer traded me straight up for the new gravely - I've got over 90 hours on it already with no issues at all. Even though I lost money in the deal, I learned a valuable lesson - always demo a product thoroughly before shelling out the cash!

9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Clear Difference -- I see that you have 2 of the Gravely 34" units, I'm curious as to why you need 2 of them ?? Is the older one for back-up ??

I just got a 2005 Gravely 34Z myself, with only 63 hours on it ... I found it on Craigslist for $ 2,800 including the mulch kit ... I know I got a heck of a deal.

You must really like the Gravely 34" machines to have 2 of them ... can you comment on your overall experience with the machine ??

10. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the Chute Blocker use the stock holes for mounting or is there any drilling involved??

Also, I've been looking at one of these 34" Gravely's, just curious the 16 HP engine, does it have plenty of power? The Exmark Phazer was my other option, and it has a 19 HP engine... Just curious what your thoughts were?..

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010