QXpress, anyone still using it?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Clean Cut Lawns, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

I'm still running QXPress. Lots of paper work to keep it all going but I don't trust my guys to fill out paper work correctly let alone enter it on their own into a system like jobber or service autopilot on the iPhones I provide them.
    They aren't the most technically advanced bunch to say the least. Hard workers thou....
    I run 2 mowing/maintenance crews (1-7 workers, 1-3 workers)
    1 irrigation crew 1-2 guys depending on what they are doing
    1 lawn care crew 1 guy
    1 Masonary crew 2-3 guys
    1 misc. crew 1-5 guys depending n what they are doing.....

Thoughts please*trucewhiteflag*

2. Clean Cut Lawns

Main issues is guys fill out route sheets incorrectly at times missing things and I have to review each one with the girl in the office and fine tune them more so than not....not so much the Maintenace crews and lawn care but the other crews are just a mess at times

3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

You have a lot of different crews doing a bunch of very different jobs. Maybe you need some help managing them all more than anything else? I could be wrong for sure, but sounds like you should be able to have a supervisor or two to keep everyone accountable and make sure they don't miss things. Also you might be surprised how they catch onto a new system. Sounds like it's worth a shot.

4. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Tell them they won't get paid if their paperwork isn't complete and or accurate. Sounds like you don't need new software but to keep your guys honest to your preexisting processes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Clean Cut Lawns

Each crew has their crew leader.... I don't have quality issues...like I said they are not tech savvy and I want to make the move to a new software but need one that is as flexible as possible when it comes to crews entering information
    Has either jobber or SA come out with a mobile app vs having to be online the whole time?

6. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, we use SA with mobile phones......works well.

7. Clean Cut Lawns

Do they have an app? Last I spoke to them in January they is they were about to release the app that would have a start and stop button for the jobs. Also they said they were working to tie it into gps mapping so see where it was punched in and out

8. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

look into qclipxe. It has a function that works right off the iPhones... no paper work at all.
    jobs are loaded into the phones remotely and recorded at real time.
    All the employees have to do is hit start and stop buttons...program does the rest.
    $500 to buy the program, $80 a month upkeep. $30 per month per smart phone after the first phone.
    ties in seemlessly with quickbooks.

9. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

You are lying to yourself, Your crew can learn new things and they can learn technology. They may need a day of education (you teach it)on how to opperate the systems/process. Then once a week short training on 1 or 2 items to brush up on skills. This is a simple fix and I am with Efficiency on this. You dont need new software. For me weekly meetings and short 3-5 min meetings every day have almost eliminated all time/material input problems.

10. Clean Cut Lawns

what software are you running zimmatic?