Qxpress Barcode users

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Classified, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about getting the barcode scanner for use with qxpress. That way when a bill comes in, i scan the BC type in the amount paid and its done. Also at the end of a day all i have to do is scan the BC on the route list for eash customer and mark that it has been done and thats it.

Who uses it? is that how it works? Does it work well for you? would you buy it again?

I would just experimant with it but scanners are about $150 and up so i dont want to try something and spend $200 and it doesnt end up working.

Thanks for any responses!

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Lil bump here as I am also interested in such a program. We sell lots of little items with each service. Fertilizers, light bulbs, irrigation parts, tree stakes, plants, flowers. wall anchors, fountain chems and pumps. Something like this would be great.

3. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont have the barcode scanner but am using a pda. As I go to each job and perform the service I can mark it as done. Then at the end of the day I place the pda in the cradle and sync it. Then generate the invoice with a click or two. I only have been using it a few days but as far as saving time on invoices it has been well worth it. I can upsell work and schedule it, add new customers and schedule the work.

4. Az Gardener

Do you have a check off type of form in the Pda or do you just type out the various services you performed?

5. jc1

You can click your start and stop time for the scheduled service. You should schedule a free demo and ask them your specific questions. They answeres most of ours during the demo and called us back to clear up a few others.

6. Az Gardener

Are you using the Qxpress software with a Pda? Your just not using the scanner? I just want to be sure I get in touch with the right company.

7. jc1

We have Qxpress on the office pc and also a pda with qxpress mobile