qxpress conference

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by willretire@40, Oct 28, 2008.

1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Had not heard about it. Any info?

3. willretire@40

from VA

4. mowranger

mowranger LawnSite Member
    from ms

I am going

5. willretire@40

from VA

6. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

I would like to go, but can't make it this year. I think it would be a great experience, though.

Can you guys report back about their "QXpress Online"? That would be my main reason to go if I was going, as there isn't anything about it on their website, but the rumblings are that there will be a big push on it. Sounds like it is going to be **open source** lawn care program, which just sounds too good to be true.

7. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

What is "Qxpress online" or "open source"? I currently use qxpress but have not heard of these other things.

8. willretire@40

from VA

Qxpress online is something new coming out. They will be showing a preview at the conference.

9. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

Farbio - open source is when software companies pretty much give away the source code they used to create the program so that we can take it and change it for our own needs. I doubt these guys are quite doing that, but the way it was explained to me is that everything in the online version is created using drag and drop tools that we can also use to change screens around and create our own screens. My rep explained it as "imagine the whole program was built using the report designer where you can add and change everything you want".

That still doesn't clear it up for me, and I have no real clue what they are talking about. Hopefully the guys at the conference get a better explanation than I got. :(

10. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

Thanks Doug. That makes more sense. I hope it is a drag and drop system. That would be nice. I definitely would have no idea how to change source code even if they did make it public.