qxpress

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnsRUsInc., Mar 9, 2008.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Want to demo qxpress but it says i need quickbooks which i dont have does anyone have any insight or know where i can get a demo of QB so i can try out qxpress? I am trying to make a software change before the end of the month and wow what a pain in the @ss i wish i would of dropped the ball and spent the extra money years ago when i started instead of waiting till now.

2. rmmllc

rmmllc LawnSite Member

QB usually will give you a 30 day trial- try there website. I like QX and QB together- works great. Set QB up first, then when you run QX it gathers all your info and incorporates it just like that. You won't regret it.

3. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Qxpress is a pain in the A$$ to learn, give yourself plenty of time & watch all the tutorials. Once you figure it out, you'll be amazed what you can do with it!:clapping:

4. rmmllc

rmmllc LawnSite Member

I didn't think it was too bad, but I did watch the tutorials. It is very handy once you learn it.

5. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Yea i just want to make sure it can do landscape estimates etc.. i have been playing with it and it does take some time for me. I am going from gopher to these softwares and everyone i try seems to be harder to use or learn and iam sure its cause gopher cant do $h!t. How much does qxpress cost?

6. Nikole

Nikole LawnSite Member
    from MI

what is it that QXpress offers on top of QuickBooks?

i don't even have QuickBooks yet, but i'm trying to get this side of a new lawn fert company going and i'm losing my mind trying to figure out what i need!

plus, i don't even know which version of QuickBooks i even need!!! are you guys just using the PRO version and getting by ok?

thanks guys,
    nikole

oh, and LawnsRUsInc., the prices for qxpress are: Standard $585 ~ Gold $885 ~ Platinum $1285

7. Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson LawnSite Member

They are two different programs.

Quickbooks is used for book keeping, invoices, reports, accounts payable, tax prep, saves you a ton of money and time. Generate P&L, Balance sheet, everything you need.

Qxpress is used for route schedules, its very nice, and saves you a ton of time when it comes to billing. You don't have to double input the data because it transfers it over to Quickbooks.

Hope this helps

8. Nikole

Nikole LawnSite Member
    from MI

great, thanks for the info tim!

so quickbooks would actually be taking place over my Excel spreadsheets then, right? so now i have to figure if the PRO version is good enough for what i need, or if i should just spend the extra couple 100 and get the higher Premier version.

and after looking thru a ton of back postings on here, i think since we're still pretty new, i'll just stick with the quickbooks for a little while, then maybe down the road if scheduling gets a bit harder, i can add on the QX. plus i have one of their sample disks they sent me, so i can throw that on whenever i get used to QB and see how i like it.

9. M&MLawn

M&MLawn LawnSite Member

Nikole I use the quickbooks simple start version. It is FREE on their website and works just fine for invoicing, estimates, profit/loss and so on.

10. Nikole

Nikole LawnSite Member
    from MI

oh great, and i was all set to go spend some big time $$, guess i'll have to check that one out now! thanks doll!