1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

R and W Lawn Care

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Fwilamosky, May 20, 2012.

1. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

Some more stripes, tore out some grasses and started the mower to a sketchy hour meter haha

photo copy 2.JPG

photo copy 7.JPG

photo copy 5.JPG

photo copy 3.JPG

2. Fwilamosky

Last two of the day and they are my favorite. PM me if you want the full size photo. They book look great on my background on my IPhone. I enjoy stoping for a second and taking cool pictures like this

photo copy.JPG

photo copy 6.JPG

3. AmericanLawn&Landscape

AmericanLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

how do you estimate how much mulch you'll need for a given job? and how do you price it?

4. Fwilamosky

American- It kinda depends on the mulch type and job. I can eyeball and come within 1/2 yard for regular hardwood and dyed black hardwood. But when I am doing play ground mulch (rubber) I measure out the area and do the conversion that way and also for pine bark mulch the same too. I measure out those jobs because they're more costly and I don't want to short myself on jobs.

Hope that helps

5. AmericanLawn&Landscape

AmericanLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

thanks. kinda does. do you buy it in the bulk? and do you make any profit off the mulch itself?

6. Fwilamosky

I buy bulk 95% of time and around here I have been charging anywhere from 55-$70 per yard installed, so the price of mulch is included in that. Everyman should be able to put down 2 yards an hour

7. Arena landscaping

Arena landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from wayne

8. Fwilamosky

Haven't posted in awhile so here are a few thus far. Just some simply power washing here

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

9. Fwilamosky

These are of a patio we installed, I forgot to get a finished picture :hammerhead:

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0973.jpg

10. Fwilamosky

Installed 5 tons of playground mulch and took some progress shots

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG