R.I.P. "A wonderful machine, that never complained"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Flow Control, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I get a call today while making dinner. After a few minutes of jibber I calm my tech down and find out that some Sanford and Son truck (scrap truck) lost some of its load and debris was heading straight for the drivers side of the truck so he swerved to get out of the way and lost control of the truck and air compressor the compressor broke off the hitch and the safety chains broke lose and the compressor rolled down a steep hill towards another major highway. Will post pics in a few days. First of all nobody was injured (besides my pride and joy compressor) and the truck is fine. (By the way this is the same tech that destroyed the cab on the S-10 this summer, :dizzy: ) WTF?? Now at the beginning of winterizations I get this shiit to deal with.

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Its a gross misdemeanor to cause an acciddent by not strapping down your load. Did get all the info?

3. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

is this the same compressor that had the reel broken off last year?

4. Flow Control

Yep, I am scrambling to find another (for a good deal.) I need to make a few calls tomorrow and I am HOPING that I will have another with reel and complete set up within 2 weeks. BSME as you know it is do or die, October to Mid November is prime time winterizations. I will rent IF I have to but you get spoiled when you own and it is set up for what you need it. I would guess my set up saves atleast 5 minutes per each house or allows me to schedule an additional 2-4 appointments per day.

5. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

I thought they made it a felony (here in Washington) after that girl got hit by the plywood. I believe they named the law after her.

6. Flow Control

Here is my choice as of right now

1. IR 185cfm 99 w/ 1khrs ($6k)
    Pro's:
    Out of rental fleet so maint. was done on regular basis

2. Sullair 110cfm 92 w/2khrs ($2K)
    Pro's
    Smaller/Lighter machine, easier to get around with.

which way would you lean?

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

just remember hour meters mean nothing....I've had my share of em go bad.....

If it were me, Id go the 2K route....everything else being equal...Won't your insurance company replace the broken one?...

8. Flow Control

I am leaning for 110, myself due to size. The insurance company will replace it, that is why I am looking for one.

9. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

if you already have a 185 I'd go for the 110...

the 185 is nice for those big pump jobs and commercial properties... the 110 will be more than enough for 95% of what you need to do

10. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like your tech is 2 for 2. :drinkup: