1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Rabbits

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by goodbeus, May 2, 2003.

1. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

Have a residential job and we installed a wide variety of flowers...well, the rabbits enjoy these flowers as well:angry: ...what can be done to get rid of Bugs Bunny:confused:

2. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

A Beagle. Just kiddding. Check with your local farm center and see if they have a spray or deterant of some kind to keep the bunnies away.

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Get some cayan pepper and sprinkle on the plants.

4. J J Landscaping

J J Landscaping LawnSite Member

Give this a try for rabbits or any other animal that eats flowers, bulbs or vegetables. ( Hot Pepper Wax Animal Repellent Concentrate ) By St. Gabriel Laboratories - Gainesville, Virgina - www.milkyspore.com - 1-800-801-0061. I had a war with rabbits and 25 reindeer raiding the garden and ( I did ) win. Mix it VERY strong. The rain will wash it off and you will have to do it again but, that is about the only thing that works. Good Luck - J & J Landscaping - Jimmy C

5. Harleyman

Harleyman LawnSite Member
    from NY

Gun for Hire:D

6. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

x-mark with a mulch kit

7. conepile

conepile LawnSite Member

I thought Milky Spore was for grubs. The Kentucky COOP Extension Service issued it's findings of a study it did on MS, and the results were not impressive. I think it said it may or may not work, depending on certain factors. Basically the change was not significant, at least for it's intended purpose.

Rabbits are another story. I hadn't heard this, and have also looked for something to deter rabiys from eating all of the young tasty perennials.