1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by goodbeus, May 2, 2003.

1. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

Have a residential job and we installed a wide variety of flowers...well, the rabbits enjoy these flowers as well:angry: ...what can be done to get rid of Bugs Bunny:confused:
  2. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

A Beagle. Just kiddding. Check with your local farm center and see if they have a spray or deterant of some kind to keep the bunnies away.
  3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Get some cayan pepper and sprinkle on the plants.
  4. J J Landscaping

J J Landscaping LawnSite Member

Give this a try for rabbits or any other animal that eats flowers, bulbs or vegetables. ( Hot Pepper Wax Animal Repellent Concentrate ) By St. Gabriel Laboratories - Gainesville, Virgina - www.milkyspore.com - 1-800-801-0061. I had a war with rabbits and 25 reindeer raiding the garden and ( I did ) win. Mix it VERY strong. The rain will wash it off and you will have to do it again but, that is about the only thing that works. Good Luck - J & J Landscaping - Jimmy C
  5. Harleyman

Harleyman LawnSite Member
    from NY

Gun for Hire:D
  6. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

x-mark with a mulch kit
  7. conepile

conepile LawnSite Member

I thought Milky Spore was for grubs. The Kentucky COOP Extension Service issued it's findings of a study it did on MS, and the results were not impressive. I think it said it may or may not work, depending on certain factors. Basically the change was not significant, at least for it's intended purpose.

Rabbits are another story. I hadn't heard this, and have also looked for something to deter rabiys from eating all of the young tasty perennials.