Rack Body Truck Set Up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AGG Lawn Maintenance, Mar 14, 2002.

1. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

If you have a rack body set up or know someone who does please reply. After years of using trailers I am planning to eliminate all but 1 trailer I currently use for my 61" ZTR. A guy in my area has about 5 crews in which they all use rack body trucks. He has 2 boards he uses to load and unload his equipment. The beauty of this site is that I can get opinions from all of you before actually building or doing anything. Shop talk at its best. I am cautious to talk to anyone in my direct area. I would like to build a mesh gate or something a little safer than to runner boards. A friend of mine has a cube van (box truck), which is good but you can't put a load of mulch in it or haul away debris. So I am going with the rack body trucks for there multi purpose use. Plus I need each crew to be self-sufficient. I am tired of the whole trailer thing, you guys know what I mean trailer lights that have a mind of their own, parking issues, people cutting you off, only able to drive on certain roads, paying more for tolls etc.

Travis

2. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

Most of them that I see have a dove tail then a fold down mesh ramp.

3. Have you looked at the handy ramps. I use one with a bed extender on my p/u. They build one for cube vans so I'm sure you could make it work on a rack body. You can see them at
    www.handyramp.com
    The helper springs in the center of the ramp are the key to making them lift and fold easily.
    Turf magazine also has had ads for Isuzu and Mitsubishi trucks with the set up you are looking for.
    I'll never go back to a trailer after using this set up.