Rack recommendations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by forgop, Apr 5, 2003.

1. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a rack that I can hang a trimmer and edger in my garage vertically. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to find something like this?

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to the shelving department at any Home Depot or Lowes and you'll find exactly what you're looking for near the ClosetMaid shelving section.

3. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

I've got a rack that I use to hand stuff like shovels and such, but wouldn't feel comfortable using the particular rack for the edger/trimmer. Perhaps I can look for something that's bigger than what I've already got. I was just curious because I saw racks on ebay for $60+ to mount on the wall, but they mounted horizontally for trailer use. I just need something to get them out of my dump cart.

Thanks for the suggestion.

4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

2 pieces of 2 x 6 cut 2 inches wide down at an angle. Works for me.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Those rubber coated hooks used to hold bicycles work pretty decent and don't cost much.

MATT

6. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried Jungle Jim's Wall Mounts, they are used to mount the Jungle Jim's Gear Cady on an enclosed trailer, but I'm sure you can used them to mount in a garage. Here is the number 1-888-844-JIMS or www.junglejimsap.com. They have some good stuff check it out. They are out Louisville KY. Good Luck and
    GOD SPEED!

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

a few places

1. trimmertrap
    2. junglejims
    3. northern equipment (they actually have 2 different manufactors)