RACK'EM Open Trailer Racks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ryan41, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has ever used these trimmer racks by RACK'EM before - http://www.rackemmfg.com/open-trimmer-rack.html . I need to get some racks for my open trailer. I really like how the trimmers are held in. Seems like they wont bounce around too much. I have to attach these to wood sides on my trailer. Do you think the wood sides would be strong enough to support the trimmers + racks?

2. ryan41

3. ryan41

Here is a picture of my trailer: [​IMG]

4. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i've been re-searching racks myself, and looks like i'm about to buy a greentouch rack.. they are yellow though, but seem like they are damn secure and alot of great features with them. found them online for 200 or so for 3 space.. i was about to get some welded on at the trailer place for that much, but i think the greentouch might be better for my trimmers!

5. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

i use the greentouch on my trailer, although they're the ones that hold two trimmers, they still work great. would highly recommend these

6. CFLS22

CFLS22 LawnSite Member

I'm planning on picking up the second option you put up because it looks like it would be great for the money. I like that set the most out of options I had because you only have to lock that one side that the trimmer head is on so saves time and is just simple to use. Just my opinion

7. Exmark#1

Exmark#1 LawnSite Member
    from MO

I have had the rackem trimmer racks on my trailer for several years now and would not buy any other brand. I drive down country roads all day everyday and have never lost a trimmer or noticed them bouncing around (I run dolmar trimmers). As far as will your side boards hold? That is up to you.

8. heinzjjr

heinzjjr LawnSite Member

9. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the pack'em racks on my old trailer. They work, but you handles spin a little in them. I liked them as everything was together on set vs various other racks. Also the locks they give you are garbage just get a four pack of locks.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I use the greentouch extreem racks that lock solid in place and they have been very good to me. Have had the 3 place racks on both an open and enclosed trailer and like them either way, very secure.