1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Racks for mowing trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Adam's Lawn and Garden, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 12X7 trailer that i want to outfit with racks for trimmers, blowers, etc. I was wondering what kind you guys use for open trailers. Northern Tool has some but they aren't greentouch. I didn't know if anyone has experience with the Northern Tool version? Why kind do you recommend? Also, i want to have the racks so that i can take keep them on when i put on detachable sides for mulch. Does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this?

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Are the ones at northern tool black if yes they are buyers and are fine i have used those and trimmertraps.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

All of my racks are made by TrimmerTrap. Great racks, easy to use and I've never had any issue with mine.

As far as removing them there's only 2 bolts that hold them on unless you've welded them to the trailer.
  4. Lawn Enforcement FM

Lawn Enforcement FM LawnSite Member

I have the ones from Northern tools. They are Buyers and do a good job. I have seen the green touch and they look the same, only difference is color. They take a regular pad lock and use a cable on the other pin so you dont loose the clip. They are flush mount on the trailer sides so I dont think they would work with detachable sides unless you unbolt them before you put the sides on.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Mount em on the front of your trailer easy to use.
  6. gringo gardener

gringo gardener LawnSite Member

2 things i would look for is can ye lock em up and do they have some kind of a protective coating to stop the shafts from gettin holes in em due to consistent hyway travel
  7. mow & snow

mow & snow LawnSite Member

I use Trimmer Trap. I posted some pictures today under "major installation".
  8. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

I have a set that I bought form Northern, they are the buyers brand. They worked really good for the month I had them on. I bought an enclosed trailer and took them off the old trailer before I sold it. I would be willing to part with them for $ 65.00 bucks if anyone is interested.
  9. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Greentouch are the best. Why skimp on anything less for you equipment.
  10. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Buyers in my enclosed ; Greentouch and trimmertrap on our open . I like the Greentouch best . Greentouch won't skin your equipment up as bad . I don't like trimmertrap's double backpack rack . I'm waiting for one of my blower handles to break from hanging from it . I do like the buyer's trim rack in my enclosed trailer ; they're smaller in size and light so mounting them to the sde of the trailer doesn't make it feel like you're hanging an anchor on the side of your trailer .