Radiant Heat and Permeable pavers

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by landscapingpoolguy, Oct 19, 2007.

1. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,

Im looking for anyone that has expereince with permeable pavers with a radiant heat application. I have a customer with a very steep inclined driveway that is looking to install radiant heat under there paver driveway to allow easier exit and entry during and after snow storms. Also they have zoning restrictions and are limited to using permeable pavers. Will the radient heat application work with the permeable pavers? Im talking about camebridge aquabrick with 95% permeablity? Also this will be an electric radient heat sytem. Im concerned that the ridgid bedding layer will damage the radient heat coils during compaction. If anyone has any expereince with this I would very much appricate a responce or a direct email to perfectproperty@optonline.net. Thanks

2. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

No experience with it but I would guess that a lot of heat would be lost through the large spacing of the pavers.

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Good question, got me on that one. I would call your cambridge rep for your area. They are great, I have my rep in my 2 way and he comes to jobs all the time no problems.

4. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

HAHA too bad all the Cambridge reps Quit!

Anyway... No, you shouldn't have any problems during compaction. Radiant heat systems (and tubing) are designed to be embedded under pavers or concrete.