Radio Advertising...Anyone do it? Results?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LIBERTYLANDSCAPING, Feb 27, 2008.

1. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

One form of advertising I hear little about from our industry is radio. I can only recall 1 person on here commenting on using it (negatively) Anyone else have any experience with it? Results? Cost effectiveness?

2. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

We track all our leads and radio has never been worth the cost. We tried it two or three times and ran a lot of 30 sec ads. These were in the spring when you would hope people were thinking lawn care. Response was dismal. These were also professionally produced spots. Our single best source has always been our customers referals and sales leads generated from our very visible, clean trucks.

3. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

We traded out some work for Air-Time. We did pretty well with it as far as I was concerned. It was a Country station and we specified the times the spot would run. Ran it only in the morning when we figured they'd be sitting at home, by playing at the same three hour period throughout the week we established ourselves as a known company and a " household " name. By the third week we had gotten some pretty good work from it. Don't offer Free estimates on anything in the advert it will kill you with tire kickers. PM me if you want more info.

4. mjslawn

mjslawn LawnSite Member

hey steve i can't pm you but i would like more info, i have also worked for a radio station and they would like to exchange airtime for work. How expensive is it really say a month ads run like you did it, in the morning over a 3 hr. period? Thanx!

Mike