Radio Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tjjn06, Sep 26, 2012.

1. tjjn06

tjjn06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Thinking of doing some radio advertising for fall clean ups. Looking at 30 second spots with are about 85 words. We have done some advertising in the local paper (spring time) but have never had much luck with it.

How many do this and what has worked for you in your area?

2. DooleyPyne

DooleyPyne LawnSite Member

We have never done radio advertising. We have advertised on the back of the receipts of the local grocery store and that worked well.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Short of increasing overall, long-term brand awareness, I don't see it being a big, short-term sales driver for you. Without knowing your cost, look at how it compares to other possible advertising methods, and try to come up with an ROI.

What market and station format, tjjn06?

4. tjjn06

tjjn06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Brand awareness is the main goal. Creating more awareness for the winter operations and spring/summer is what I am wanting to do, but the next up coming season is fall cleanup. Hopefully cleanup can pick up more as a result.

Targeting resi and commercial. We have a local radio station that most local business people and the general public listen to, they have an enormous market penetration in the county. The station is mix of some newer music mixed in with popular stuff from the past 30 years. The station very in strong local news and events.

5. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

How much does it run? I think you have to have a multi faceted campaign to really work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Depending on your presents in the listening market, you may sell yourself short by limiting your services rendered to fall clean-up's. Usually any ad much longer than 45 seconds to a Minute will loose the listeners ear pretty quick. Creating a marketing plan along with a budget are important, frequency and targeting the demographics to maximize your ROI, will be the key.
    easy-lift guy