Radio, does it work?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Feb 23, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you using radio to advertise your business? A friend of mine is in the carpet business and uses only a radio ad and his yellow page ad. He is getting good response from the radio. Cost is $77.00 per month and is on 3 times per day. I live in a SMALL RURAL town and I think everyone listens to this station at one time or another during the day. Help me out here guys/gals SPRING is right around the CORNER. What do you THINK???????
    Mowman

2. turfcat75

turfcat75 LawnSite Member

Wow that's pretty cheap,is that F.M or A.M radio?My friend is a jingle writer...could probably make you guys a commerial fairly cheap

3. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Turfcat,
    Yes this is a local FM radio station. It has a sister station in another town 16 miles away and I think you also get one ad a day on their station also. Hey I'm just LOOKING for some AWESOME results, MOW CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!! If you know what I mean. Need more to BLOW factory JOB and do this thing we call LAWN CARE FULL TIME!!!!!!!!
    Mowman

4. How about this jingle:

If you can't hack it let the Mowman whack it.

5. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

That's a decent price for advertising. The only thing with that is you're going to get a real wide area of coverage. I've never looked into the radio for advertising, let us know how it works.

6. plow kid

plow kid Banned