1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Radio headphones that cancel mower nosie?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brodo374, Apr 25, 2011.

1. brodo374

brodo374 LawnSite Member

Can anybody suggest a good pair of headphones that I can hear clearly without tuning the volume up ALL the way (to cancel out mower noise).

2. CELC99

CELC99 LawnSite Member

I have the ryobi ones I got at home depot. I have been very happy with them. They also have a switch to turn on the outside noise so you need not take them off if you want to talk to someone. They do a pretty good job at blocking out noise. I havent stepped foot on a mower without them. They can plug in your ipod with a AUX cord. and its got a limited volume limit so you cant blast it. and yes you can hear the music just fine. I usually get about 2 days out of mine on one charge. Check them out I really like them.

3. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

I have the peltior, or something like that and I think it's the worktunes model.
    The wire on the righ side comes loose and that's the end for the radio.
    I go through a couple pairs a year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's PELTOR. There's no i in the word.

If someone was to Google the brand name the way you spell it, they're not gonna find it.

5. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Peltor Alerts are noise cancelling but need some kind of special lead to plug in an ipod. Has inbuilt radio though.

6. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Gonna is slang.
    If you were to write that in an essay for a professor, you would get an "F."

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  7. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Peltor work tunes. No problems in five years. Just the replace the ear cups when they start to tear. They get rained on a lot and still work great. Probably the best $50-$60 I've spent with this job.

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I have the Peltor work tunes. I never use them. When wearing them, I get a drone noise from the mower that is worse then NOT wearing anything. As soon as I pull them away from my ears the noise is gone. My head is ringing after an hour of wearing them.

9. cashishift

cashishift LawnSite Member

10. rem-md

rem-md LawnSite Member

Thought I was the only one who had that problem. I drone noise gets twice as bad with the blades turning!! I tried foam earplugs plus the headphones - got rid of the the drone, but I couldn't hear the radio as well :rolleyes: