Lawn Care Forum banner

Radio headphones that cancel mower nosie?

27K views 36 replies 30 participants last post by  Valk 
#1 ·
Can anybody suggest a good pair of headphones that I can hear clearly without tuning the volume up ALL the way (to cancel out mower noise).

#28 ·
I have said it a thousand times on this site before but I will say it again. PELTORS SUCK! They do not block noise that well and the tuner absolutely SUCKS and they generaly do not last more than 1 full season. I have had 2 pairs of them and 2 pairs of Elvex relax and the elvex blows the peltors away. Only reason I needed the second pair of Elvex was because after 2 full years I accidentally left them in the bed of the truck all winter. Stay the he.. away from peltors.

#29 ·
I bought a pair of Sony (NC) Noise Canceling headphones they're lightweight and have a switch to covert to (NC)...
Can't hear my wife let alone mower when their on.... worth the $50...lol

#31 ·
My first pair lasted 10+ years, of ocaisonal use and 2 years of daily use. Then I hit a tree with my head and the cord broke and then it was a one speaker pos. The newer ones only last about one year if you treat them good. I have only had the "manual" tuners. They work well as far as tuning goes.

The noise blocking works for me....Compareable to in ear foam plugs, Not quite as good but close enough for me to be comfortable.

I'm not sure where the hate for them comes from. I have had a positive expirence.:)

That is not to say that I'm not looking for something different....like these.
http://www.earfuze.com/store.html

I have said it a thousand times on this site before but I will say it again. PELTORS SUCK! They do not block noise that well and the tuner absolutely SUCKS and they generaly do not last more than 1 full season. I have had 2 pairs of them and 2 pairs of Elvex relax and the elvex blows the peltors away. Only reason I needed the second pair of Elvex was because after 2 full years I accidentally left them in the bed of the truck all winter. Stay the he.. away from peltors.

#32 ·
I researched the elvex because I am not completely happy with the peltors and this is what their own website sys about the relax model "We have discontinued the AM/FM model of Relax, due to numerous user complaints. We are bringing back the analog model for as long as we can get components for this model." They have the "aware" model but it is only passive radio. I was hoping these were the answer.

#36 ·
I've tried a lot of different ear buds in the last two years. I don't like the full head set either. Very uncomfortable for me. The best ear bud for noise isolation are the Etymotic research HF5's. They are the best. You don't have to turn up the ipod full blast to hear the music. They can be found online for about $100. There is also a new Etymotic model called The MC5 which sells for about $70. Same noise isolation. As for how durable they are I can't say. This will be my second season with the Etymotics.
I've had a pair of MC3s and they've made it through two seasons. The cables are durable and they do not tangle. They also have the built in mic and volume control, so you can answer your phone and don't have to take out your ear plugs (or take the phone out of your pocket).

I use Comply foam tips for the ear buds (the P Series). They're almost as good (for noise blocking) as a regular set of 3M foam ear plugs. They're also very comfortable and don't move around. I haven't used regular ear plugs since I discovered these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.