1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Radio headphones that cancel mower nosie?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brodo374, Apr 25, 2011.

1. GrandMaster

GrandMaster LawnSite Member
    from Utah

work tunes or roybi at home depot are good. Or you can dump 300 on skull candy bob marleys....

2. brodo374

brodo374 LawnSite Member

the ryobi headphones at home depot. i see they have ipod or mp5 adaptor but do they also pick up radio and if so, is it very clear?

3. GrandMaster

from Utah

work tunes are better than roybis.. For radio... yes clear depending on station.

4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

The ryobi tek 4 at home depot.

5. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you guys use ear buds? That is what I prefer so I don't have a white ring around my ears from no sun plus your ears don't get hot with the buds. I have used several different pair from Walmart and they don't seem to stand up to the water to well. I need a new pair but don't wanna waist more money on cheap one if I can find a good pair that will last. I been thinking about ordering the ones from bose but they are just crazy expensive to tear up if they don't hold up any better than these I'm buying now. I do buy the more expensive ones at Walmart also not the cheap ones.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Only problem i find with head phones is i tend to blow them out if i turn my music up too load While trying to drain out the mowers.

I use worktunes take them on and off......never had a ring lol. But i like them because you dont hurt your ears by turning the music up too loud

Best $50 bucks i ever spent on head phones!

7. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

off topic but if you guys need in-ear headphones head to tj max and buy them there. you can get $30-$40 headphones for $6. i always buy 3-4 of them while im there because i break a pair a week it seems like. every pair i have bought has been very high quality

8. GrandMaster

from Utah

Im very hard of hearing as it is so I really try to save all I got no days... buds dont cut it for protection skull candys are ok but pricey. Full muffs for me only.

9. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh believe me, I can write perfectly good English if need be. :)

10. Oakley

Oakley LawnSite Member

If you are looking for earbuds, try Klipsch S4. If you buy them at Bestbuy, etc, they are around $80.00. I purchased mine off of ebay for $50.00 with shipping included. They are better than I expected! I did a great deal of research prior to buying, and they are the best you can buy for under $100.00. In fact, I found one site that stated they were comparable or better than several in the $150 range for noise isolation and sound quality. You won't be dissapointed.