Radio headphones that cancel mower nosie?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brodo374, Apr 25, 2011.

1. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

As can I.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. MowingMowingMowing

MowingMowingMowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

3. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

worktunes fall apart easy I've gone through two pairs already and now just use them as ear mufs
  4. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

Home depot has the big headphones with digital radio for like fifty bucks and they are awesome. You can even download mp3s to it. They've become like that perfect baseball mit when you were a kid. Can't work without them now.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I've tried a lot of different ear buds in the last two years. I don't like the full head set either. Very uncomfortable for me. The best ear bud for noise isolation are the Etymotic research HF5's. They are the best. You don't have to turn up the ipod full blast to hear the music. They can be found online for about $100. There is also a new Etymotic model called The MC5 which sells for about $70. Same noise isolation. As for how durable they are I can't say. This will be my second season with the Etymotics.
  6. LexingtonKYcutter

LexingtonKYcutter LawnSite Member

Same here. I dont do alot of mowing anymore, but when Im out helping one of the crews, I cant mow a blade of grass without wearing a pair of Peltors. Throw on some tunes and relax.
  7. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

My worktunes are also my shop radio. The only problem is when I'm under a car they can be a little bulky.
  8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I have said it a thousand times on this site before but I will say it again. PELTORS SUCK! They do not block noise that well and the tuner absolutely SUCKS and they generaly do not last more than 1 full season. I have had 2 pairs of them and 2 pairs of Elvex relax and the elvex blows the peltors away. Only reason I needed the second pair of Elvex was because after 2 full years I accidentally left them in the bed of the truck all winter. Stay the he.. away from peltors.
  9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a pair of Sony (NC) Noise Canceling headphones they're lightweight and have a switch to covert to (NC)...
    Can't hear my wife let alone mower when their on.... worth the $
  10. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Skully candy works best for me and my guys! Really blocks noise.