Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The landscaper, Feb 21, 2005.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody ever tried to do some kind of raffle. Kind of a random idea but thought I would throw it out here. Something where you could give each new client and ticket when they sign for a year contract or give every client a raffle ticket at the end of the year. They could win a year of free mowing or something. May spark some interest in picking up new customers. Just something alittle different to think about.
  2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Gave the local high school a month free for one of there raffles last year. I landed 13 new clients from there word of mouth when selling tickets. I was the 2nd place winner slot. I will do the same this year. lady that won took me less than an hour for the whole month. Although I could get someone with 10 acres I will take my chances. I don't know If I would offer an incentive for my current customers, seems like it is not cost productive. You already have them. Look at other ways to get new customers not give free stuff to customers you already have.
  3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Each year in the spring, I donate a $ 50.00 gift certificate to a local free health clinic. The event is chaired and attended by Drs. and public officials, and out of four years, we have only had two people who won the GC call to redeem it. I give the Health Right clinic $ 100.00, the GC is mainly for show, I guess. We have also done raffles for gardening baskets at trade shows, where the people fill out a card with contact info, and a place to check if they wish to be contacted by us for mailing lists or email lists. We draw one winner for the gift basket, and go through the rest and check for viable contacts. I wouldn't waste resources on existing clients, either. Concentrate on new signups.