Raibird backpack jet propulsion system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Oct 1, 2004.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Now this is the best manifold ever. It looks like some future backpack jet propulsion system. A local supply house keeps this handy. Some engineer with too much time had to come up with this one. It has 12 valves and fit in one valve box. The interior valves are glued together bottom-to-bottom.

rainbird_manifold.jpg

rainbird_manifold2.jpg

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Here are a couple more. How come the images don't automatically come up on the screen? Is this some new way to post images?

rainbird_manifold4.jpg

rainbird_manifold3.jpg

3. BigLouie

BigLouie LawnSite Member

how would you like to have to replace one of those valves? :realmad:

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

that's exactly what I thought when I saw that.

5. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Pittsburgh, PA

What a work of art. I would blow up the picture, frame it & hang it in my office.

6. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Green Sweep, I was thinking the very same thing. It is a work of art, and the funny thing about it is that I can almost figure it out.

7. ninrocket

ninrocket LawnSite Member

Warning-No User Serviceable parts inside!

That is friggin' awesome! That took some real creative work. Too bad if one valve fails though!

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

DanaMac if you only upload one pic per post it will show right up under your post.Then if you want another to do the same thing then you need to make it a separate post only one pic per post.
    Yes indeed I can see why a supplier would have that monster out on display. Unrepairable , replace only.
    and prolly cost more than a jet propulsion engine to build too. I will say that is some very neat glueing and it must have taken some kind of brain to design it..ya know one of those genious people that have no common sence? Thanks for sharing the pic.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Now if he only figured out how to quote another post...