1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

RAIN!!!! About time...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SpudsM15, Oct 8, 2005.

1. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Finnally the northeast is getting a good solid rain..... But, it seems like we are getting a whole seasons worth of rain in a couple days!!!

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Amen, brother.
  3. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Same here!!!!!
  4. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Yep. its been raining steady for the past 24 hrs here and supposed to continue through the weekend.
    Wish this would of came three weeks ago though!!
  5. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not gonna complain any, we needed it badly
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Thank God...the only thing is they are calling for rain most of next week. I hope it clears so we can get a good solid 3 weeks of "FULL SCHEDULE" cutting.
  7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

it comes when i don't want it though. i'm trying to finish my dethatching/seeding, and i have quite a few houses left.. i wish it could have waited a week.
    ever thatch a wet lawn? :angry:
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Last time it was this dry was '99, then Hurricane Flyd came by and ended that drought with 11" of rain.
  9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

We just had 11" of rain Tuesday - Wednesday of this last week.

2 weeks ago we had 3-4" of rain.

The grass is growing like mad.

What's bad now is, the temps are so cool that the ground isn't drying out.

The properties with hills on them, it's almost impossible to keep a mower on the hill without tearing things up.

It's 27 degrees out right now, 8 am Saturday morning. Guess I'll just go and BREAK the grass off. :)
  10. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Been pouring hard for 18+ hours in norther Jersey. They are calling for 5+ inches!! My lawn is already turning green. To bad the rain didnt come weeks ago. I lost so much money it is not funny. I haven't mowed some lawns in 5 weeks!