Rain all day wed/thurs/fri ... when do you cut next?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

im going to cut this week on the weekend, but it sucks since i know most customers are home

Its raining in NJ wed-saturday

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

We cut some today. We have to cut tomorrow thru Friday. No choice. We have a landscape job scheduled for Sat. already.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto for CT.I'll be out there on the drier lawns Friday and Saturday. I have to finish a big mulch job on Sunday (absolutely hate it) that I started today in the rain. I'll probably still be cutting Monday too, it sucks.

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

We'll try to get to what we can, even if we have to cut Saturday and Monday to catch up. If it is too wet to mow, I can pull the mowing crew over to other projects and at least have them producing. God I am so happy I sold off some of my maintenance accounts:clapping:

5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a lot of mine cut monday and tuesday knowing the end of the week looked bad. I have to go out of state this weekend so cutting then isnt an option. If i cant get out thurs or friday i may just have to hold them over until moday.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We will don the rain suits if needed and myself and 2 others will help the 2 crews catch up mowing...landscaping jobs taking another day or two won't make all that much difference in the long run...trying to stay on schedule with the lawns at this time of the year with all the rain and fast growth is more important IMO.

7. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

when the rain slows down and at first available day

8. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Can I please beg you for some rain! It is so hot and dry here every yard I have except one is dead and brown with zero growth and no rain in the forecast at all in the near future. Calling for over 100 degrees Monday! Last year it rained for 3 months from April till end of June. It has rained 3 times total in the past 3 months and we need it bad!

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Hoping to be done mowing till sunday after tommorrow, so, rainsuits and swearing will be in order tommorrow.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

LOL...but the real swearing is when there is no rain week after week, huh?