Rain and response from clients

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sgl41377, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Mowing in the rain is ignorant. Catch up ASAP.

We use a 4 day schedule and rain rarely throws us off badly. Clearly if there is 4 days of rain.... clients know it.

2. sgl41377

sgl41377 LawnSite Member

Thank you Duekster. 4 day schedule? Aren't you cutting yourself off short. Or are you still growing?

3. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Four 10 hour days. Gives me a day to catch up or do a project or have a 3 day weekend.

4. sgl41377

sgl41377 LawnSite Member

Ah. We do 8-10 hrs a day now. I am in between needing two crews.

5. Duekster

from DFW, TX

I just hired a 3rd guy on the crew now it is short on work. I was expecting to pick up some more work than I did this spring. I was hoping to hire another and split it next spring. :cry:

So I am between two myself, painful it can be.

6. sgl41377

sgl41377 LawnSite Member

You are right. I have a 3 man crew and I help a couple days a week and do other side jobs, paperwork, and estimates the other days. Looking at an NPR for next year and run two crews with two men on each.

7. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

Anybody with half a teaspoon full of since would know that there are times that you will not be able to service an account due to drought or heavy rain. Therefore missing some appointments with them. They ,the client, should know this. Hello common sence. I check a property before mowing. If it is too wet I will not put a mower on it. Give me a break, I hope you guys, being professional and all, are not mowing while conditions are not conducive to mowing. I would fire someone on the spot if they come to cut my yard when it was wet and soggy. Contract or not!!!!!!!

8. sgl41377

sgl41377 LawnSite Member

I completely agree trooper

9. Duekster

from DFW, TX

I am pretty sure I can get two NPR's in the same spot the truck and trailer takes. I also run 4 man crew days on some accounts. I have some thinking to do on the NPR Cab.

10. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

Amen! I blew around dust all day today at the gas stations i service. I wouldnt have touched em but the higher ups are coming in this week and the guy i report to wanted them done. They are crispy crispy!
    Posted via Mobile Device