Rain bird 325 or orbit rotors

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grassmasterswilson, Jul 6, 2012.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Went to lowes hoping to get some rain bird 5000 rotors to replace a couple of messed up heads.

They only hand rainbows 325s( I think) and an orbit brand. Thoughts on either? Am I better of ordering some rainbows 5000s?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Do not mix and match PR .

3. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Wilson,
    This question leads me to the answer that has gotten me into a lot of ridicule on this forum. The question of quality of products that is geared for Lowe's and Home Depot. The products that I buy from a Rainbird and Hunter supplier is different from that of these ticket store's. I don't care what anyone has to say otherwise, because I use the 5000 and the 5500 series quite often. The quality is different and the overall durability of these heads is different. Do not under any circumstance use the Orbit brand as they are of poor seal, rotor and inner part quality. I have replaced heads on accounts after just one season of use. Low budget customers use the orbit brand and I will end up replacing them with quality heads after a season anyway. If you are in a pinch for head replacement...then it is your call but I don't want a useless repeat call next season on heads that have warranties.

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

I agree totally, who on here thinks that the total crap sold there is either of good quality or equal to?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Not from me: any of you jerkoffs that buy stuff at the big boxes deserve the problems. :hammerhead:

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Never heard of a Rainbow brand.
    Avoid Orbit, it's a four letter word.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Rainbow made brass saddle tees. Really.

The big-box equivalent of the Rainbird 5000 is the 42SA

8. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Lowe's appears to carry the 5000.
    LINK

9. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Good to know there is a solid price point to show a client when you sell them something a little better like the 5004 Plus.

10. Ditto

You get cr@p from anybody we'll put the posse together and neuter the jerkoff.