Rain Bird 42sa nozzles

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1999frontier, May 1, 2012.

1. Waterlogged

Waterlogged LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We gotta consider - we're running off a spigot/faucet with a hose. We don't know how big the hose is. :) We don't know how long the hose is. :) Is the hose 200psi or 160? We don't know how many gallons. We don't know what the pressure is. We don't know what the soil type is. We don't know what the slope is. We don't know how big the two trees are. We don't know the prevailing wind direction. :laugh:
    I'm just sayin'

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Barring all the obvious lack of information, as WG pointed out while he was spitting up on his keyboard, lets assume limited flow, so 3 zones, 9 rotors, 3 rows, rows along the long edges get standard angle nozzles, middle row gets low angle nozzles.

3. 1999frontier

1999frontier LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Both hoses are 5/8"x100'. The soil here is more sandy loam. No slope at all just flat.

4. 1999frontier

from NC

So two 62' sides I need a rotor in the corner, then a rotor 31' away from corner and then 1 in the other corner. I need 1 in the middle of the lawn. Not sure how to configure the 52' sides since the trees are close to both driveways in the middle of the 52' . I know this is difficult without pictures so I will try to work on getting you guys some. Thanks for being willing to help me so far. How can I measure the pressure, I need to go get a pressure gauge that hooks to the spigot? Also, I've read where you time how long it takes to fill a 5 gallon bucket, what does this do?

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

If you really want to know, a fairly inexpensive tool is available from:

betterwaterind.com/flowmeter.html

6. 1999frontier

from NC

Last night I switched out my 42sa rotors that I had mounted on sled bases and put the Rain Bird P5R impacts on and watered this morning and in 2 hours I got a 1/2" of water versus 1/4" in 2 hours with the 42sa rotors.