Rain Bird Academy Boot Camp, Good/bad?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by fsujammer, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Regarding the RB camp, I would recommend time in the trenches rather than books. For what RB charges, you are better in the long run with a shovel in hand and becoming familiar with controllers and valves in the field.

2. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

anybody ever hear of/go to any classes in spanish? my two guys are good, and my spanish is good, but trying to teach them theory is a test of my linguistical ability. i would love to find some classes in spanish i could send them to so they could learn and ask questions in their native language. they both like the field and are awesome employees, i just feel like if they knew more english or i more spanish they could really do a lot more, and make more money for themselves.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I just wish I'd taken Spanish instead of French, way back when.

4. Spend a day or two in Baja Norte(well the San Joaquin Valley) pick up espaƱol pretty quick.:cool2:

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

until then, I'll have to watch Sabado Gigante :)

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

The RB classes are a complement to field training. You will not learn everything in the classroom, nor will you learn everything in the trenches. The RB classes will give you a good understanding of how a system operates and how to read charts for proper design. Getting your hands dirty is also a necessity. I say go for it, the classes won't hurt.