Rain Bird Contractor Trip- Tucson, AZ

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hoskm01, Mar 19, 2009.

1. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Headed to Tucson today for the Contractor Fly-In. Arrived at the airport this morning at 0700. Flight out is at 830. 50 minutes in line and they tell us that weve missed the cut off by 6 minutes- cant get our bags on to the plane, we cant get on the plane. We're pissed.

Tried to get on an open flight by United that was heading to Tucson. Couple minutes in line, a few with the agent, and it looks like we are on our way. Finalized the tickets and were literally turning to walk away..."Oh, Sir? Looks like you just missed the cutoff to get your stuff onto the plane." Boolschitt biatch, you best not be talkin to us!

So two hard azzes in, we head back to Frontier to plead our case. Its amazing what happens when a competent person is willing to and does help you. She tells us that either one COULD have put us on the plane, and that she put someone through with less than 30 minutes to spare this morning. Severe complaints will be made regarding the other two.

So here we sit, in a bar, in the airport, hoping that our standby tickets come through tonight for the 6oclocker. I suppose the pool will be that much more enjoyable if we ever make it!

IMAGE_066.jpg

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

So it's really true you need two hours to have some certainty of boarding the plane? Boy, I miss the good old days.

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

My biggest beef is that she COULD have put us on the plane but was being a super-**** and didnt.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

All depends on the airport. Colorado Springs Airport is not like Denver International Airport. Security lines are not as long, check in not as long, short terminal, not underground train to deal with, etc.

Sorry to hear Matt. Hope you make it.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I used to fly from some remote airports, with regard to hauling back some serious quantities of bottled cargo, and loved the speed you can achieve in a one-jetway airport.

6. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

So that's why you're working in the plate factory.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I know when I go back to Massachusetts I fly into Bradley in Hartford instead of Logan in Boston. Much easier.

8. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't go copper on them and pull out the billy club. Be sure to send pics of the event, IF you ever get there.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Just went and dropped our bags within the 4 hour window allowed. #'s 2 and 3 on standby. Outlook is decent, boredom is rampant, self is grumpy.

10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I try to fly out of Manchester . Parking at logan runs about $37 a day.