rain bird ESP MODULAR????

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by clc19chase, Aug 26, 2007.

1. clc19chase

clc19chase LawnSite Member

was wondering if you can program this box to do the following: the yard has 7 zones all 7 are running every day once a day, the customer wants 3 of the 7 to water every other day and the remainig 4 zones continue watering every day, once a day. Is this done with the program A,B,C feature? If yes then this means the customer will have to select program daily? the box is about 3 years old and I think it is a 12LX or something

2. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes you will have to set program A to do one of the ways they want and program B to do the other zones.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

No, it will recognize both programs and run them as scheduled.

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

The select switch only specifies which program you are currently setting, they always will all run sequentially.

This means you put Zones 1-3 on Program A and set the start times days etc, and do the same for Program B.

Then your set.

5. clc19chase

clc19chase LawnSite Member

so the program select switch is just for setting each program if more than one program is needed right. So if you have programmed a schedule in A,B, and C, the box will run a,b, and c even though the program switch is in the "a" position..... let me know if I 'm right and thanks for the help.

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Controllers need to be returned to their "Auto" or "Auto Run" position for any/all programs to run. The time and/or date, etc. will usually be showing indicating that the controller is ready to operate.

The individual "program A or 1 position" (depending on controller brand) is only for programming that particular program. Controllers will not run the program(s) if the dial is left on a program number or letter.

I.e. ... input start time(s), zone run times and days to water for each program and then return the dial to Auto Run.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Since no one is going to ask the question I will.

What are you irrigating that requires daily water?

8. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Not all controllers are created equal, and some will run their programs regardless of swich position, though I'm not sure if you're halfway through a programming sequence and suddenly walk away what would happen.

One note about programming additional programs... Be sure to go through the entire programming sequence for the additional program, including watering days, start times, and so forth. I have to admit that I've overlooked programming some of these items.

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be taking it back if the controller ran in the "rain off" position. :laugh:

10. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

The 'Rain Off' is just that - shuts it off. Most controllers will operate the programmed cycle if the dial is left in any other position. If it has a slide switch for ABCD etc, it will operate any program that has data in it regardless of the switch position. The Rain Off is usually the only program disruption position.