Rain Bird ESP-SMT Smart Controller

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Jun 18, 2009.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I'm not surprised to hear that the supplier wasn't able to help. I love some of my suppliers. But to be honest, I don't think there are any of the guys at any of my suppliers that really know that controller really well.

But I do find it surprising to hear that the RB person wasn't able to help you. Who exactly at RB was the person who "messed with this controller and tried to get it to work", as you say?

2. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

What the person from RB did and this comes from our route manager who oversees this particular site, they changed the controller over to "time based" in an effort to get it to work. I would have to ask our route manager who was out to look at it. The supplier I take with a grain of salt he has also set some of the Solarsyncs up to a region 3 but thats a different story. This is a large site and I haven't had alot of time to work out some of these issues, and we have our crews, starting this year adjusting controllers.

3. JimLewis

There is only really one person from Rain Bird who works up in Washington. Are we talking about the same person? Any reason why you won't say who it was?

4. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't been told who it was.

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

He's short and has a wooden leg.

They all do. :)

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

good ol' "Stumpy" McDewdrop? ~ I'd wondered where he'd gone off to :waving:

7. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I've installed one of these and am still learning them. I know you can check on past weather but can you check on past irrigation events?

8. JimLewis

Yes. You can check by date or by zone.