Rain Bird ESP-SMT Smart Controller

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

That'll teach you to bad-mouth Lawn Genie :p

2. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Had a 25% failure rate on Eagle Rotors on initial install a year ago.

3. Sprinkus is from tx.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL... thats why you don't post pics of a product and of it's manuals all over the internet when said product was given to you to test on a confidential basis!

:hammerhead:

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Is that an actual statistic? Where did you get that number from?

6. Sprinkus

From actual install that I was directly involved in. Had loose parts in heads on some, others did not rotate, many others stopped rotating after only a very short time in service.
    108 rotors were installed, around 27 had to be replaced. In fact I am still replacing internal units on a regular basis.Good thing that they have a five year warranty when installed with the manufacturer's swing joint.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Did RB step up to the plate and comp your labor for the change-outs? They did for me when the T-Birds failed out of the box.

8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I believe you. But I don't think RB pulls product for recall when one single contractor has a bunch of heads fail. May just be a bad batch. The .025 failure rate for pulling product for recall is nationwide, and I think you knew that. So unless you know that that variety of head was going out at that same percentage nationwide, I am not sure how your argument applies to the recall conditions I was speaking of....

It's like if you said that Nabisco pulls product if more than 3% of their product has problems and I replied with, "Oh yah! I opened a box of Oreos once and like 30% of the box was rotten!!! So why don't they pull Oreos from the shelf??? Huh?"

9. Sprinkus

Store credit for troubles with initial install.

10. Sprinkus

Product has been discontinued.
    Newer rotor internals continue to fail.
    Distributor has mentioned that others have had similar problems.
    I'm done whining.
    I feel much better now.
    :drinkup: