Rain Bird HV Valves

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ASI, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I can't have anything nice. :cry:

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

The result of not playing nice with others :p
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Rotor_Tool

Rotor_Tool LawnSite Senior Member

RB Europe uses a different solenoid than domestic RB products - this is why the electrical specs are different.

4. Rotor_Tool

Rotor_Tool LawnSite Senior Member

Without going too far behind the curtain, the multiplier for all RB distributors on 99% of the products to arrive at distributor net cost never changes and it has been the same for years. The only products with a different multiplier are Central Control, or products from OEM agreements (hose reels, lake aerators, etc). So if the list price is reduced, distributor net price is also reduced. The only snag here is if the distributor had product on-hand which was purchased prior to a price reduction - then their inventory is devalued based on current list/dist net pricing.

5. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Never mind the fact that most distributors are incentivized to move the product. They get a pretty good rebate at the end of the year based on their sales.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Clearly some non-standard math has to be applied for the industry's two top-selling rotors to be about a dollar apart in contractor net cost, versus about eight dollars apart in list price.

7. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

How so? List on a 5004 is $13.25, my NET is $6.62 which equals 50% of list. List on a PGP-ADJ is $19.00, my NET is $8.45 which equals which equals about 45.5% of list. There is no non-standard math here. It's all in what your distributor is selling you the product for. I buy a ton of RB so I get 50% off of list. I buy very little Hunter so I get a lot less off of list.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I'm still trying to get my paws on a HV valve. Seems they're on the books but no price, no availability no where near here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

Call the RB 800 number and tell them that you want a sample to try out and that you can't find any anywhere. I bet they would send you one!

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks big guy. :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device