Rain Bird RC-Series Clocks

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by wilbilt, Sep 10, 2010.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Might as well rebuild a Commodore 64. Or how about the '70s era console TV? :laugh:

2. Lite Headed

Lite Headed LawnSite Member

I think the first RC was built in 1964.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I just yanked one thursday.

4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

geeezzz,

top 10,000 posts and you become super cranky arrogant eleitest grumpy person with hot wife and backpack business person? :laugh:

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, so? :laugh:

I just feel the RC has been bypassed by better controllers. We all know it. I stopped repairing them years ago, and only bought one complete new RC. I had replaced a lady's RC with an ESP, and after a couple weeks she was complaining that she couldn't understand it, and wanted an RC back. JDL took a week to get one because they don't stock it (just before RB stopped making them).

7. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

I keep a couple of new ones in my $hit box... (I picked up @ a closeout).

because these people will need one of them; maybe two, talk about a flustercluck:laugh:.

I am still run into them. Can't show you the pics of the new one cause it has the same file name as some other pic I posted... WTF?

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010014.jpg

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

the redding normac guys rebuild the rc's for that same reason, it won't hurt me to know something about the rc series, besides i don't have a tv. :)

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Change one pixel size, and rename it.
    I still run into a lot of RCs, but when either motor dies, I install something better. Can't give it a test cycle, can't water one zone independently, tough to wire a pigtail, and it just looks big and bulky.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, how about rebuilding that 8 track player in the garage?