Rain Bird RC-Series Clocks

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by wilbilt, Sep 10, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

now that's what i'm talking about! :)

2. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

I got a couple for sale... lot less than $899.99 (Geez why can't I take a pic with anything other than a Brownie?)

Got a couple of 8 track players, cassetes and event one for the car. My wife said it is time for me to clean out my $hit box.

P9110035.jpg

3. wilbilt

wilbilt LawnSite Member

They were definitely of that design. It seemed pretty "space age" to me back then. Were there models with more stations?

The ones I remember seemed larger, but I was pretty small at the time. There were several of them in various locations around the school. Any time I walked past one and the door was open I would stop and stare at it. ;)

I must have been an odd little kid.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I used to have tons of old controllers that I would pull off the wall. There's a thread or two from the last few years a with a photo. Now sure why I kept them for so long. Gotta simplify life and get rid of the junk and distractions. My two favorites were the Johns Manville and the Febco controllers.

5. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I keep 1 of each of the older controllers that I remove and have them mounted on a piece of plywood. I plan to start an irrigation museum next year.

Seriously though, I keep it as a training tool for new guys. I don't want them walking into a customer's garage and getting the deer-in-headlights look because they're staring at something they've never seen before. Broken old controllers are good training tools.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

www.rainbird.com/pdf/turf/man_RC.pdf

i've done some work around honcutt, bangor, brownsville, oregon house and the pg&e lake (can't remember the name of it right now) pretty country.

you want to see odd, try ranch tehama!!!!!!:waving:

7. My droidx tries to correct my spelling. Changes RC to RD I guess thinking I'm going for the abbreviation of road.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

that's supposed to be rancho tehama

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Are you still happy with the X? I've heard the droid2 is junk.

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Stoopid droid ~ Hey, I found a picture of an Aqua-Dial controller!

[​IMG]