Rain Bird RC-Series Clocks

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by wilbilt, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Yeah I'm still happy. Battery goes dead fast if used too much but other than that a great phone.

2. wilbilt

wilbilt LawnSite Member

Thanks for the link! One of life's great mysteries solved. :)

The lake above the PG&E power house on the Yuba River is Bullard's Bar reservoir. There are several smaller lakes in the vicinity as well.

It is nice country once you get up in the hills. We are in the flatland at the eastern edge of the valley. Lots of flood irrigation (rice and orchards) resulting in mosquitoes the size of buzzards. Plenty of odd folk here, too. I fit right in. I've been here 25 years, I'll never go back to the city.

3. wilbilt

wilbilt LawnSite Member

My Blackberry does the same thing. It's always trying to "help".

Irritating.

4. wilbilt

wilbilt LawnSite Member

In German, even.

"Stift nicht in roten Bereich einstecken!"

I don't know what that means, but it sounds dirty. :laugh:

5. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I got a Droid 2 to replace my iPhone 3g. I'm pretty happy with it and definitely happy to be rid of that iPhone.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Aqua Dial Lawn Sprinkler Controls gets a google result. Does the company still exist?

7. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

They were a subsidiary of the Cla-val valve company (pronounced "clay" val) . Cla-Val the company almost went bankrupt so they dropped that part of the company. I know they accountant that used to work for Aqua-dial. Cla-val is still very much around, but Aqua-dial hasn't been around for about 20 years.

Why the hell is the picture of that aqua-dial controller in German?! Never seen that before!

Now what are really cool are Rain-O-Mat heads!

[​IMG]

This beast was located in a pasture and is quite the rotor.

8. Wet_Boots

I am proud to say that I have installed Rain-O-Mat rotor heads. Only head I know of that suggested that only a metal pipe nipple should be threaded into the head.

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

how'd that work with swing arms? :)

10. Wet_Boots

I have a small inventory of galvanized pipe risers, and they can make all the difference between an impact head working or not, because the metal pipe "conserves energy" created in the sprinkler head.