Rain Bird RC-Series Clocks

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by wilbilt, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

With all the Maxi-paws you have in service, why would you care about "conserving energy" unless this is some kind of "green, sensitive new-age contractor" kind of thing. :dizzy: If so, please explain.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Do you not know that flexible pipe will "absorb" the kinetic energies produced by heads using impacts to provide drive force?

3. Mike Leary

Having never installed (or wanted to) a impact in residential systems, your pearl of wisdom is interesting. All impacts I've ever done were sports fields with solid swing joints.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I'm talking above-ground risers. Systems with 25 psi head pressure running from pond water are Maxipaw territory.

5. wilbilt

wilbilt LawnSite Member

On a residential private well here. 30-50 pressure switch, but about 25-35 PSI at the head at 12-15 GPM. Impacts work well. Rotors tend to stall and/or clog.

6. Mike Leary

I must live right; we have two cistern-fed sytems with no filters and the I-20s do well.
    I do believe it's the high pressure we run to force the crap through the nozzles.

7. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh:
    If it gets to the nozzle, it's getting too far.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I see boots is pulling stuff out of his ass again.

9. Mike Leary

Thank gawwd Boots posts no pics of his crap.

10. JayinMI

JayinMI LawnSite Member

We have about 60 or so of those RC controllers along with a ton of Toro hydraulic controllers....they are just waiting for winter cleaning!!!