Rain Bird RC-Series Clocks

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by wilbilt, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Wondered about that myself. Strainer at the bottom of those I-2os I believe.

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'd rather it get to the nozzle, so the crew can spot it and clean it when they're doing the walk-thru. I've never used filters on spray heads, and had the guys keep a close eye out on the gear drives, especially Stream-Rotors, which have a very cool filter basket. Again, it's visual; the crew ( mostly the owner) has to pay attention to the operating performance of the system.

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

now you're talking specialty work and it's got me written all over it. :)

4. Mike Leary

No pun intended, geez, we gots to be careful these days with so many possible alienation's. Nice hat, thanks, my friend.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

So what do you clowns employ to cover plantings when you have to maximize coverage on low pressure? On your best day you won't do better than to use maxipaws.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

nobody laughs harder at me,

you're welcome, wear it in good health :)

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

pffffffffffffffffffffft

8. Mike Leary

Some of us re-zone and use sprays or Stream Rotors. I've seen tree and shrub bark torn to pieces by impacts. :hammerhead:

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's pond water, chuckles - no drip - no high pressure pumps - no head-to-head spacing

you don't get the job on account of the nice people have a budget

10. Mike Leary

I did, you must have a different market; or attitude? :dizzy: i got a ton of re-do jobs because I SOLD it! Boiler plate specs, meeting with the clients, explaining what we were doing, our warranty. 90% of those clients are still ours 30 years later. :clapping:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010