1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rain Bird RC-Series Clocks

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by wilbilt, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes, you can take the thousand or so they have budgeted for the project, and put it to practical use, or you can try to get them to spend three times as much "to do it right" ~ the plants never will know the difference.
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

3. Wet_Boots

And the impact heads will still be working ten years from now.........
  4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

agreed .... funny thing is, boots should be totally on board with our friend from Hawaii given his attitude towards irrigation. :rolleyes:
  5. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

Last I checked there is no shortage of 40+ year old brass impacts on galvanized risers. They have proven the test of time and then some. For durability I agree impacts are the way to go. Efficiency go with rotors.

Rain-o-mat was a cool company. They went out after the Whittier earthquake hit in 1987. Another cool thing was Buckner's cam-drive rotors which I think they discontinued after storm took over. My wish is to someday release a coffee table book with all different pictures of sprinkler heads, rotors, and impacts with a history of each company.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  6. Wet_Boots

One of my favorite Rain-O-Mat products were the combination nozzles they made - one side a conventional half-circle, and the other side a vertical-throw strip spray :)